To strengthen the living relationship between Catholics and the Jewish people.
The Lux Center works to strengthen the living relationship between the Catholics and the Jewish people by equipping seminarians with the tools and knowledge they will need in order to present an accurate understanding of Judaism, to promote a positive understanding of Catholic-Jewish relations, and to engage in interreligious activities in their congregations after ordination. The Lux Center also benefits the larger community by offering programs, lectures, and study materials that promote Catholic-Jewish understanding and dialogue among scholars and the people of Southeastern Wisconsin.
What We Do
The Lux Center — as a program within a seminary — is uniquely positioned to improve interreligious understanding:
– Dedicated faculty position in Jewish studies
– Seminarian study trips in Israel
– Public lectures, seminars and discussions with renowned scholars
– Annual seminary-hosted symposium on Catholic-Jewish relations
– Seminary events recognizing Jewish holidays, liturgy and history
– Speakers’ bureau for churches and synagogues
– Provide specialty classes on topics of interest
– Opportunities for interreligious dialogue
– Library with extensive Judaica and interreligious studies collection
– Holocaust resources and commemoration events
Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel Visions of the Hebrew Prophets
Jewish Studies Seminar for Christians: The Jewish People and the Church Webinar Series
On Wednesday, December 01, The Lux Center for Catholic-Jewish Studies invited Rabbi Noah Chertkoff to speak on the topic “Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel: Visions of the Hebrew Prophets” at the second session of the fall webinar series.