Dr. Richard Lux
Professor emeritus, professor of Scripture Studies (37 years active), and founding director of the Lux Center
Ph.D., M.A., University of Notre Dame
Dissertation: An Exegetical Study of Micah 1:8-16.
Special interest: Christian-Jewish relations; Judaism; Holy Land study tours
Recipient of the first Imitatio Dei Award presented by the Catholic-Jewish Conference in November 2000
Fall 2005 resident scholar at the Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research at St. John’s University
- The Jewish People the Hold Land and the State of Israel: A Catholic View. Paulist Press, 2010.
- “The Two-StateSolution: Pope Benedict XVI and Israel/Palestine,” The Catholic World, Aug.-July, 2009
- “The Land of Israel (Eretz Yisr’el) in Jewish and Christian Understanding,” Studies in Christian-Jewish Relations, 2008.
- “Catholic Spirituality and the Jewish People in the State of Israel,” Institute of Judaeo-Christian Studies June 1, 1999, Conference.
- “What is the Christian Relation to the Holy Land.” Digest of Middle East Studies, Spring 1998.
- “Biblical Land Traditions,” The Catholic World, January/February 1991.
- Review: New Theology Review 7 (May 1994) of J. Willebrand’s Church and Jewish People, Paulist, 1992.
- Executive Committee, Lux Center for Catholic-Jewish Studies
- Advisory Committee, Holocaust Education Center, Milwaukee, Association for Jewish Education
- National Christian Leadership Conference for Israel, Vice President
- Milwaukee Association for Interfaith Relations, Founding member
- Catholic Biblical Association
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Advisory Committee, Secretariat for Catholic-Jewish Relations, National Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Catholic Jewish Conference, Milwaukee