Rev. Michael Ufok Udoekpo (2011)
S.T.D., Angelicum University, Rome
M.A., St. John’s University (New York)
Hebrew Certificate, Hartman Institute, Israel
B.Ph. Urban University Rome
S.T.B. Urban University Rome
Dissertation: “Re-Thinking the Day of YHWH and Restoration of Fortunes in the Prophet Zephaniah: an Exegetical and Theological Study of 1; 14-18; 3:14-20.”
Thesis: “John 4:4-42: A Postcolonial Interpretation of the Discourse with the Samaritan Women: A Theological Implication in an African Context.”
Special Interests: Biblical Studies: OT Exegesis: Prophetic Literature, particularly Late-pre-exilic Prophets, Deuteronomic History, Biblical Hebrew and Greek, Syriach Literature and Aramaic Targum Fourth Gospel, Ecumenism/Cultural and Religious Dialogues
- Udoekpo, Michael Ufok, “Welcoming “the Weak” and “the Strong” into the Church –Family in Africa: Perspectives from Romans 14:1-15:13.” In The Mustard Seed, Catholic Institute of West Africa Publications, 15 edition, vol. 2., (2019), pp.4-7.
- Udoekpo, Michael Ufok, “Blessing (brk) and Curses(‘rr): Reading Canaan’s Curses in Gen 9:18-27 in Light of African Values,” in Acts of the Catholic Biblical Association of Nigeria (CABAN), Vol 11, edited by Ukwuegbu Bernard, and co., Port Harcourt, Nigeria: CABAN Publications, 2019, 1-18.
- Rethinking The Prophetic Critique of Worship in Amos 5 For Contemporary Nigeria and the USA. Eugene, Oregon: Pickwick, 2017.
- “Zephaniah, Book of, Critical Issues,” in Lexham Bible Dictionary, Lexham Press, 2015.
- “Nahum, Book of, Critical Issues,” in Lexham Bible Dictionary, Lexham Press, 2015
- “Theological Functions of “Seek the Lord” (bᾱqqaš ʾădōnᾱy) in Zephaniah 2:1-3, for Contemporary Society,” Winter, 2015: Volume 6 Number 2 of International Journal of African Catholicism, pp.77-91.
- “Biblical Reflections on the Identity of the Catholic Priesthood Today: Essay in Honor of An African Bishop.”IJAC, volume 6, No. 1, summer, 2014.
- “Habakkuk’s Faith and God’s Sovereignty: A Paradigm for the Suffering righteous Today.” in American Journal of Biblical Theology, volume 15, No.36, 2014.
- “Nahum Book of, Critical Issues in Lexham Bible Dictionary, forthcoming.
- “Zephaniah, Book of, Critical Issues,” in Lexham Bible Dictionary, forthcoming.
- “Joel, Book of, Critical Issues,” in Lexham Bible Dictionary, forthcoming.
- “The Sovereignty of God in Habakkuk: Its Significance for Today.” Forthcoming Testamentum Imperium, 2014.
- “Prophet Zephaniah and the Deepening of Faith in Ecclesia (churches) in Africa and America,” in International Journal of African Catholicism(IJAC), vol.4/2, (2013), pp.25-51.
- “Paul’s Theology of the Church as the Body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:27): Its Missionary Implications for the Church in (Africa) Nigeria” the International Journal of African Catholicism 4:1 (2013).
- Re-thinking the Day of YHWH and Restoration of Fortunes in the Prophet Zephaniah: An Exegetical and Theological Study of 1:14-18; 3:14-20. Das Alte Testament im Dialogue= an Outline OT Dialogue Vol 2.Bern: Peter Lang, 2010. (Reviewed in: Old Testament Abstracts, Vol. 34 :2011 ; Theological Book Review, Vol. 23, No. 2, 2011 ; Estudios Biblicos, Volumen LXIX, 2011 Cuaderno 3, pp.354-355)
- “Liturgy as the Primary Role of the Priest,” in Reconciliation and Renewal of Services in the Church, Lineamenta of the Synop of Ikot Ekpene Diocese , Nigeria , 2002.
- “New Evangelization” in the Lineamenta of the Synop of Ikot Ekpene Diocese, 2002.
- The Limits of a Divided Nation. Enugu , Nigeria ; Snaap Press, 1999.
- Family Functions and Children Education in Modern Society . Pathom Graphic, Ikot Ekpene , Nigeria , 1997.
- Corruption in Nigerian Culture: The Liberating Mission of the Church. Enugu , Nigeria : Snaap Press, 1994.
- “Psalm 126 and the Prophecy of Zephaniah: A Comparative Study.” (Upcoming – Catholic Biblical Quarterly.)
- “Seek the Lord (bagaš ‘ adonay) in the Prophet Zephaniah 2:1-3: Towards an Hermeneutics of Faith.” (In progress.)
- Blog: Sharing the Word of God