Rev. Thomas Knoebel
Professor Emeritus, Lecturer, Systematic Studies
Ph.D., Fordham University
M.Div., St. Francis Seminary
Dissertation: “Grace in the Theology of Karl Rahner: A Systematic Presentation.”
Special interest: Systematic theology; Christology; Sacramental theology, Seminary formation for men over 30 with extensive life experience. Popular speaker at workshops, conferences, parish missions, RCIA groups and continuing education classes
Knoebel, Thomas. 2020. “The Mission of Jesus Christ, Savior of the World”. Contributions on Salvatorian History, Charism and Spirituality, Volume Twelve: Key Elements. A Project of the Salvatorian Joint History and Charism Committee, February 2020, 159-170.
Discovering Pope Francis: The Roots of Jorge Mario Bergoglio’s Thought, co-edited with Brian Lee (Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2019).
“The Story of a Symposium: Why We Need a Theological Understanding of Pope Francis’s Thought” (pp 1-20; coauthored with Brian Lee). In Discovering Pope Francis: The Roots of Jorge Mario Bergoglio’s Thought, edited by Brian Lee and Thomas Knoebel (Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2019).
English Translation of De Ecclesiasticis Officiis by St. Isidore of Seville (d.636), with “Introduction.” 2008. Paulist Press.
English Translation of Sententiae by St. Isidore of Seville with” Introduction.” 2013.
- President, Midwest Association of Theological Schools
- Board Member, National Catholic Education Association
- Executive Committee, National Catholic Education Association, Seminary Division
- Corresponding Academic Member, Real Academia de Bellas Artes y Ciencias Históricas de Toledo (Royal Academy of Fine Arts and Historical Sciences of Toledo, Spain)
- Executive Committee, Lux Center for Catholic-Jewish Studies
- Editorial Advisory Board for the Ancient Christian Writers series from Paulist Press
- Association of Theological Schools
- National Catholic Educational Association: Seminary Division
- American Academy of Religion
- Catholic Theological Society of America
- Archbishop’s Committee on Correct Teaching, Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Censor of Books, Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Committee on Correct Teaching – Consultant for Systematic Theology
- Honorary Member: Ilustre y Antiquisima Hermandad de Caballeros y Damas Mozárabes de Nuestra Señora de la Esperanza de la Imperial Ciudad de Toledo, Spain
Awards & Honors:
- Inducted into Real Academia de Bellas Artes y Ciencias Históricas, Toledo, Spain, 2009