- S.T.D., Santa Clara University
- S.T.L., Santa Clara University
- Th.M, Santa Clara University
- M.Div., Catholic Theological Union
“Extending the Boundaries of Gender and Ethnicity in the Wilderness: A Spatial Reading of the Ethiopian Eunuch Narrative in Acts 8:26-40.”
NT: Luke-Acts; Matthew and the Torah; gender and ethnicity in biblical literature and the ancient Mediterranean world; spatiality in biblical studies; women in the Bible.
OT: Hebrew Prophets
- Nguyen, Vien V. 2020. Matthew and the Torah: An Analysis of Matthew 5:17-20. Journal of Biblical Theology 3.3 (July — September 2020), pp. 5-35
- Nguyen, Vien V. 2020. Review of Being Subordinate Men: Paul’s Rhetoric of Gender and Power in 1 Corinthians, by Brian J. Robinson. Catholic Biblical Quarterly 82.3 (July 2020), pp. 523-24
- Nguyen, Vien V. 2020. Review of Jesus the Samaritan: Ethnic Labeling in the Gospel of John, by Stewart Penwell. Review of Biblical Literature 06/2020.
- Nguyen, Vien V. 2020. Review of The Lord’s Supper in Corinth in the Context of Greco-Roman Private Associations, by Jin Hwan Lee. Review of Biblical Literature 03/2020.
- Nguyen, Vien V., Review of Empire And Gender In LXX Esther by Meredith J. Stone, Review of Biblical Literature 03/2020.
- Review of The Gospel Of Luke by Pablo T. Gadenz (Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture; Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2018). In Catholic Biblical Quarterly 82:1 (2020): 134-36.
- Review of Jesus, Revolutionary Of The Poor: Matthew’s Subversive Messiah by Mark Bredin (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2017) In Review Of Biblical Literature (January 2020).
- “Resisting Despair: Prophetic Hopes in Times of Crisis,” The Priest (December 2019).
- “A Parallel Case of Two Conversion Stories: A Narrative Criticism of Acts 8:5-40,” The Journal Of Biblical Theology2:4 (2019), pp. 23-41.
- “A Parallel Case of Two Conversion Stories: A Narrative Criticism of Acts 8:5-40,” The American Journal Of Biblical Theology20:35 (2019).
- Review of Anna Rebecca SolevågNegotiating The Disabled Body: Representations Of Disability In Early Christian Texts, (Early Christianity and Its Literature 23; Atlanta: SBL Press, 2018), Review Of Biblical Literature, Aug 6, 2019.
- Review of Vaitusi Nofoaiga, A Samoan Reading Of Discipleship In Matthew, Review Of Biblical Literature