- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- M.A., Weston Jesuit School of Theology
- M.A., Boston College
- New Testament: Pauline Epistles, New Testament Ethics, Early Christian Soteriology, Early Christian Forgiveness
- Judaism: Wisdom literature, Hellenistic Judaism
- Greco-Roman Philosophy: Roman Stoicism; Middle-Platonism
- Methodology: Comparative methodology; Biblical Hermeneutics
- Catholic Biblical Association/USCCB CCD Grant for the Promotion of Biblical Scholarship and Biblical Literacy, $32,748 sabbatical research funding for Forgiveness, Faith, and Justice in Early Christianity (2019)
- Templeton Foundation Grant (Co-Recipient), Re-engaging Science and Theology in Seminary Formation, John Templeton Foundation, $10,000 (2017)
- “Discovering Pope Francis: The Roots Of Jorge Mario Bergoglio’s Thought” (Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2019). (co-edited with Fr. Thomas Knoebel).
- “The Story of a Symposium: Why We Need a Theological Understanding of Pope Francis’s Thought.” Pages 1-20 in Discovering Pope Francis: The Roots Of Jorge Mario Bergoglio’s Thought, edited by Brian Y. Lee and Thomas Knoebel. Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2019. (Coauthored with Thomas Knoebel).
- “Members Of Christ”: Reevaluating The Significance Of Stoic Language And The Unity Of Paul’s Argument In 1 Corinthians. Diss. Notre Dame, IN: University of Notre Dame, 2017.
- Review of Joseph R. Dodson and David E. Briones, eds., Paul and the Giants of Philosophy: Reading the Apostle in Greco-Roman Context (Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2019) in Review of Biblical Literature (forthcoming)
- “Early Christianity and Forgiveness,” in John Ahn, ed., Currents in Korean American and Korean Biblical Interpretation (Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature Press, forthcoming)
“Discovering Pope Francis: The Roots Of Jorge Mario Bergoglio’s Thought” available for purchase HERE.
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Catholic Biblical Association
- Community of Sant’Egidio